Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Date.....

We talked for hours.  He felt familiar.  I didn't want to hang up that night.  There was something about him.  It felt warm, comforting, exciting.  Saturday arrived and I was a bundle of nerves.  It had been a year since I'd dated anyone and I had a two year old to protect.  I wasn't about to let someone into her life only to toss it about.  I told him to meet me in front of the other apartment complex.  I lived in the one behind.  Thinking I would be smart and go out early to be waiting, I found someone was smarter than me.  When I turned the corner there he was, standing with his back towards me.  I couldn't help but look at his long tanned legs.  For 42 he was in excellent shape.  Don't forget, on our first meeting I didn't look at him....this was the first glimpse of my future I was getting.  He was standing beside the motorcycle, I said hello and when he turned my heart melted.  He took off his sunglasses and smiled.  The first thing that caught my attention and held me there were his blue eyes.  I had chosen to wear blue jeans and a simple shirt.  He was in shorts and a t-shirt.  I was later to learn that my friend, who was supposed to be joining us with her boyfriend, had cancelled.  So now we have two couples.  The day was wonderful though.  We drove to Port Dover and finished the day off at his sister's home in the hot tub with drinks.  Was the night over for us....no...it was to continue long into the early hours.  Have you ever not wanted to say good bye to someone because you feared you may not see them again?  There was something about him.  I didn't want to leave, I didn't want to go home.  I just wanted to stay in his arms.  It felt safe, warm and wonderful.
Now don't go getting your hopes up here reader.  What appears to be a fairy tale ending, love at first sight, is not.  Well, it possibly was love at first sight but with blinders.  It could have been a fairy tale ending but there would have to be sacrifices.  It's not my nature to "do as I'm told", or, "listen and obey".  I'm stubborn, I'll be the first to admit that.  But, my stubbornness only raises it's nasty little horns when I'm being bulldozed or forced to agree to something I definitely do not agree with.  
That being said let's move on.....
From the first night we never parted, literally.  A month into our meeting he told me he was going to BC for two weeks with his brother.  He was planning on moving there.  I was crushed.  I had thought I'd finally found Mr Right.  It was absolute anguish waiting for him to return.  I had never missed anyone so much.  I was eager for him to return and tell me his decision.
Was he leaving Ontario to BC........what was his decision going to be?  How was it going to affect me?

No comments:

Post a Comment